Manage your sales process and pipeline efficiently and openly with the rest of your team! The platform was created for companies and people to work together, collaborate, create transparency and visibility; most importantly it is endlessly customizable. With that in mind, you can easily customize monday.com to support your sales initiatives.
What is a sales pipeline?
A sales pipeline is a way of visually tracking the progress of all the deals your sales team is currently working on. It displays each stage of sales process making it easy for you to spot in a glance where each lead stands in the sales cycle.
Why do you need a sales pipeline?
If you are managing a sales team, making sure you have a good sales pipeline is a crucial part of that management process. You can visually monitor all the leads that each sales representative is taking care of. In one glance, see if a sales rep has too many leads or maybe not enough and allocate all the new incoming leads in the smartest smart way possible.
A sales pipeline is also a great tool to forecast your possible revenue which is an important part of managing your sales process. It will allow you to determine whether or not you are heading towards reaching your goals and therefore adjust your strategy.
In this guide, we will cover how you can use monday.com to successfully manage your sales pipeline. Keep reading to learn how you can set this up. 🙌
A few resources to help you get started
In addition to this guide, we have also gathered a few more resources that you might find useful:
- This video explains how to manage your sales process in just 2 minutes
- Check out this monday.com story that a monday.com user created to manage their sales process, and add it directly to your board.
- You can also use our sales process template that you will find in the templates section of your account.
Categorize your board information
Groups are a great way to split your information into specific categories. In this example, we've used the following groups:
- New leads - All new incoming leads that haven't been assigned yet go to this group
- In Process - All the deals that are still in the sales process and haven't been closed yet
- March, April etc... - Each other group represents a month. Whenever a deal is closed the lead will be moved from the "in process" group to its relevant month.
Define each step of your sales process
A sales pipeline should display each step of your sales process. In our board, we are using a status column to represent each step. The amazing thing about this feature is that you can use and customize the labels to fit your exact needs. Here is a snapshot of how it looks like in our example:
Customize your board with columns
With over 30 different column types, there’s really no limit to how you can customize your board to fit your team’s needs. Below are a few basics you can use. We will go over some more advanced ones later on in this guide.
- People column - Each lead can be assigned to a sales representative. This column helps to provide transparency on who is taking care of what.
- Date column - This column is great to set up all your meetings date and time. With the alert reminders, you will be notified each time a meeting is approaching. We will cover this further in just a bit!
- Number column - Keep track of the amount closed for each deal with the numbers column! You can customize the currency and can choose whether you'd like to display the total as a sum, average or more!
- File column - Use the file column to store any important files regarding each lead such as invoices and contracts.
Use the formula column to calculate the commission
Calculate the commission earned by each sales representative with the formula column. Displaying the commission amount on your board can be super motivating for your team!
The formula used here is as below:
You can learn all about our formulas right here.
Display the contact details from your CRM board
A CRM is a central place to organize all the details of your customers. If you are using a CRM board, you can connect it to your sales pipeline to display your leads' contact details. To do so, you can use the Connect boards column. No need to go back and forth between both boards anymore to find the phone number or email of your lead! 🙌
In our board, the Connect boards column looks like this:
Click on any of the links of that column to display all the contact details of the lead from the CRM board:
With the Connect boards column, you can also use the mirror column to mirror specific columns from your CRM board into your sales pipeline! In this example, we've mirrored the following information:
- Point of contact
- Email address
- Phone number
Never miss a meeting again!
Set up alert reminders to stay on top of all of your meetings. With our calendar integration, you can add all your scheduled meetings from monday.com to your personal calendar. To do so, you will need a date column. In our example, we have a date column for each step of the sales process.
Next, click on your date column's settings and synchronize it to your calendar. For a step-by-step explanation, check out this article.
In addition to the calendar integration, you can also set up an automation in your board and get an automatic reminder when your meeting is about to happen. Keep on reading to learn more! 👇
Automate your workflow
Let's boost our workflow even more by adding automations to our board! Automations are a great way to eliminate human actions and save you time. To learn more about it, check out this article. We have added the below automations:
- Get automatic reminders when a meeting arrives
In this example, we've scheduled an automation for each step of the sales process. You can customize the exact time you'd like to receive this notification as well as the message displayed.
- Automatically adjust the closed date
Once a deal is won, the "closed date" of the contract will automatically be added to your board with this automation:
- Stay on top of any new incoming leads
Get notified of any new leads added to your board with the below automation:
And just like that, say goodbye to manual work! 👋
Use the Pivot board for deeper reporting
Our pivot board view will allow you to better analyze the different verticals of your board by slicing and dicing the information. Being fully flexible and customizable, this view will enable a deeper level of reporting from many different perspectives. To learn more about it check out this article.
Here, for example, we are interested to see the total commission made per employee per month. We will create our pivot with the sales representatives as rows and the groups (months) as columns. Then we will display the values as sum of the amount closed as below:
Let's go one step further and turn this amazing board in a heatmap!
With the heatmap, you can now spot in one glance the highest and lowest values on your board. 🙌
Keep track of your KPI with a Dashboard
Dashboards are a great way to display what's important in just one place. With 15 available widgets users can now understand project progress, track budget, estimate teammates workload and much more! It allows to keep your team focused and motivated on the high level goals and boost productivity! In this example, we've used:
- The Numbers Widget - to display the amount of deals closed, the total amount earned and the total sales commission.
- The Chart Widget - to show amount of leads in each stage (pie chart) as well as the commission amount earned per sales representative
Just like that, you're all set and ready to get started using monday.com as a sales pipeline!
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer success team at email@example.com! We are here for you 24/7.