At monday.com, we offer both import and export Excel functionalities. 🎉 Keep reading to learn how it works!
Import from Excel
You can turn your Excel spreadsheet into a beautiful new board in just a few steps!
Click on your profile picture (avatar) located on the bottom left corner of your screen and select "Import Data."
In the "Import Data" page, select Excel.
A pop-up will appear to upload your Excel sheet.
Either drag and drop your file or click to browse for the Excel sheet you'd like to import. Next, you will have the option to customize your new board or upload your file again.
If you selected "Let's customize your new board," you will be able to manually control the board layout. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Start by choosing your first row that will serve as your column headers
- Next, select the column you'd like to be the first column on your board
- You will then be prompted to select your column types. We'll suggest column types for you, but you can manually change this by clicking the drop-down menu for each column.
- Select "Create Board" and you have your new board!
Import a list from Excel into an existing board
To import data from Excel into an existing board, you can use the "add heaps of items" feature. In one click, you will be able to paste a list into your existing board as new items.
Export to Excel
We also offer the ability to export your monday.com data to Excel!
Export a board
Click the 3-dot menu in the upper right-hand corner of your board. Choose "Export Table to Excel." You can export your table only or the table & updates.
If you choose to export your table & updates, the updates (and replies to updates) will be included in a different tab of your spreadsheet.
The Time Tracking column data will also be included as a separate tab in your export.
Export an item
Click into the item you'd like to export to Excel and click the 3-dot menu on the upper right-hand side. Then choose Export to Excel - that's it!
Export multiple items at once!
You can export multiple items to Excel by using batch actions. Hover over the colorful line to the left of an item name that you'd like to export.
- Use the checkboxes to select the items you'd like to export.
- As you select items, you will find the total count of selected items at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on "Export," and you'll be able to export all selected items to Excel at one time!
To learn more about internal integrations, feel free to check out this article.
If you require further support to migrate your data, we do have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If you're interested, please fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!
For any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our customer success team right here. We are available 24/7!