As a monday.com admin, the ability to quickly and easily manage the users on your account is crucial to ensure that you are on track to keeping your account organized and functioning at its best. For this reason, the user tab in the admin section of your account has recently been revamped with a brand new user management section!
This article will cover everything you need to know about managing account users from:
- Accessing the new management section
- Deactivating a user
- Permanently deleting a users information
- Activating a user
- Changing a user's type
- and more!
Read on to learn all about it. 🙌
To access the new user management section, first click on your avatar in the bottom left corner of your screen and select "admin". From the admin section of your account, click on "users" on the left side.
Voila! This will take you to our brand new user management section where you'll be able to perform all the actions mentioned below in this article. 🌟
Filtering the users displayed
Whether you are looking to manage the details of a certain user, to show only guests, to display a list of users that are pending or more, you may want to filter the users shown on the user management section. This will be especially important the more users that you have on your account! To filter the user management section, either type out the name of a user in the search bar, select their user type and/or status as so:
To deactivate a user on your account, locate the desired user and press on the three-dot menu on the right side. From the resulting menu, select "Deactivate user".
Once a team member has been deactivated, please keep in mind the following:
- Deactivated users will be greyed out and appear as inactive, but will still be assigned to the tasks they were assigned to and their updates posted will remain on items:
- Private and shareable boards will become inaccessible if the user was the sole board owner. An admin of the account can transfer board ownership within the Admin section as shown here to gain access to the boards.
- Main boards will remain accessible and an admin of the account can claim ownership from the subscribers dialogue or Admin section explained above.
- Automations and integrations created by the deactivated user will be disabled. An admin of the account can transfer automation ownership within the Admin section as shown here.
- Workspaces created by a deactivated user will remain active. An admin of the account can claim ownership of the workspace from the workspace page.
If you want to permanently delete a user's information, that given user must first be deactivated. Once they have been deactivated, follow the same steps above to display only inactive users or search for the relevant user. From there, click on the three dot menu and press "Delete user details".
To easily locate all deactivated users on your account, filter by user status to show inactive users only.
From there, select on the three-dot menu at the right side and press "Activate user".
To change a user's type, simply locate the given user and press on their current user type to the right of their name. From the resulting menu, select the type of user (Admin, Member, Viewer or Guest) which you'd like to change them to.
To read all about the different user types that we offer, check out this article.