There are 3 different places where you will get notifications from monday.com: the bell icon, the Inbox, and your email address. Continue reading to understand better how it works.
The Bell Icon 🔔
You will receive notifications in the Bell Icon whenever someone:
- Crowns you as an admin on the account
- Assigns you to a pulse in a Person column
- Mentions you in an update or a reply to an update
- Mentions a team you are a part of in an update
- Replies to an update you wrote
- Subscribes you to a pulse or board
- Deletes a pulse or board you are subscribed to
- Archives a pulse or board you are subscribed to
The Inbox is where you will see all updates from board you are subscribed to, even if you are not specifically mentioned in that update or assigned to each pulse. You can think of this as a news feed, where you can see everything your team has posted on those specific boards.
You can use the “filter by board” feature on the right of your account to only show updates from certain boards at a time. You can also click on “Close all” to close all updates on each board at a time.
If you do not wish to see updates for a particular board, you can unsubscribe from the board.
- What are they for?
By default, all email notifications will be turned on for each new user, but you can go to your profile settings to change that. You will get an email notification whenever someone:
- Assigns you to a Pulse
- Replies to your update
- Updates a Pulse you're an owner of
- Updates a Pulse you're subscribed to
- Replies on a conversation you're a part of
- Signs up after you invited them
- Does not sign up after you invited them
- Mentions you in a post or reply
- Subscribes you to a Board/Pulse/Team
- Signs up with an email address from your account domain
In addition to these scenarios, you may also choose whether or not you would like to receive the daily digest email and daily emails about new subscribers on a pulse you didn't write an update on yet.
- How can I change my e-mail notifications?
If you want to receive less and less emails, and stick to one place for your notifications (or maybe the exact opposite, have all your monday.com notifications be sent to your email), you can easily set this up and manage in the "my profile" section of your avatar!
To manage your email notifications, just follow these steps-
- Click on your Profile Picture (avatar)
- Then click your Profile
- Click Notifications
Want to see real boards where other users showing their ways of communicating with their teams?
Visit monday.com stories to find real stories from our users through a variety of categories, explaining how monday.com helps them to set their goals and improve their teamwork
If you have any questions about this or anything else in this article, feel free to reach out to us at customer success at email@example.com