There are 4 different places where you can receive notifications from monday.com: the Inbox, the bell icon, your email address, and via mobile. Continue reading to understand better how it works.
The Inbox is where you will see all updates from boards you are a member of, even if you are not specifically mentioned in that update or assigned to each item. You can think of this as a news feed, where you can see everything your team has posted on those specific boards.
You can use the “filter by board” feature on the right of your account to only show updates from certain boards at a time.
If you do not wish to see updates for a particular board, you can unsubscribe from the board.
The Bell Icon
You will receive notifications in the Bell Icon whenever someone:
- Crowns you as an admin on the account
- Assigns you to an item in a People column
- Mentions you in an update or a reply to an update
- Mentions a team you are a part of in an update
- Replies to an update you wrote
- Subscribes you to an item or board
- Deletes an item or board you are subscribed to
- Archives an item or board you are subscribed to
You will also receive Bell notifications for any automations you have activated on your board (keep reading below to learn more).
To learn more about Bell Notifications, check out this article.
What are they for?
By default, all email notifications will be turned on for each new user, but you can go to your profile settings to change that. You will get an email notification whenever someone:
- Assigns you to a item
- Replies to your update
- Updates a item you're an owner of
- Updates a item you're subscribed to
- Replies on a conversation you're a part of
- Signs up after you invited them
- Does not sign up after you invited them
- Mentions you in a post or reply
- Subscribes you to a Board/item/Team
- Signs up with an email address from your account domain
In addition to these scenarios, you will also receive email notifications for your board automations (see below). You may also choose whether or not you would like to receive the daily digest email and daily emails about new subscribers on a item you didn't write an update on yet.
How can I change my e-mail notifications?
If you want to receive less and less emails, and stick to one place for your notifications (or maybe the exact opposite, have all your monday.com notifications be sent to your email), you can easily set this up and manage in the "my profile" section of your avatar!
To manage your email notifications, just follow these steps-
- Click on your Profile Picture (avatar)
- Then click your Profile
- Click Notifications
Notifications with Automations & Integrations
Notifications with automations
Using monday.com automations, you can now expand and customize the bell and email notifications you and your teammates receive! Simply set the trigger (the action that must occur) and select who you wish to notify. Here are some examples of the automation notifications you can now create on your boards:
- When a new item is created, notify someone on my team
- When a new item is created, notify all board subscribers
- When a column updates, notify someone on my team
- When a column updates, notify assignee
- When a status updates to something, notify someone on my team
- When a status updates to something, notify assignee
You can learn more about how to automations work and how to add them to your boards here.
Notifications with integrations
Additionally, you can opt to send and receive monday.com notifications via SMS also using monday.com integrations with Twilio. You can choose from the following scenarios:
- When a new item is created send SMS to someone on my team
- When a new item is created, send SMS to all board subscribers
- When a column updates, send SMS to someone on my team
- When a column updates send SMS to assignee
- When a column updates send SMS to client
- When a status updates to something send SMS to someone on my team
- When a status updates to something send SMS to assignee
- When a status updates to something send SMS to client
To set this up you will need:
- A Twilio account
- At least 1 paid phone number
- Your Account SID and Auth token.
Learn more about setting up your Twilio account and automations here.
The fourth place to receive notification is via your mobile device through out iOS and Android app. These notifications act similarly to other app notifications you'd receive on your device. Push notifications that you would receive on your mobile device would be synonymous with your bell notifications. You can learn more about our mobile devices here.
If you have any questions about this or anything else in this article, feel free to reach out to us at customer success at email@example.com