Managing a sales team is nothing short of challenging! In addition to keeping your CRM neat and organized, you also need to make sure that your leads are being assigned in time and that your sales pipeline is flowing. To do so, you need an impeccable sales processes. Solid sales processes will not only allow you to run your sales team like a well-oiled machine but will also help you towards reaching your goals.
In this guide, we will cover how to use monday.com as a lead management, a CRM and a sales pipeline. We will also show you how to fully automate that workflow with automations and integrations. Finally, you will learn how to use our amazing reporting functionalities to make better informed decisions and stay on top of your goals. 🙌
Set up your lead management board
The very first step in creating a sales workflow is to set up a lead management board. Implementing a good lead management process allows you to never miss out on opportunities!
The leads board will be used by the Sales Development Representatives (SDR). They will reach out to each lead and define whether these are qualified or unqualified. Once a lead is defined as "qualified", it will be handed over to the sales team.
In this example, we've broken down our board into three groups: one for the new incoming leads, another one for the qualified leads and the third one for the unqualified leads.
Create a form and get your leads instantly
Instead of receiving information from your clients and then spending even more time inputting it into the platform, we've created a time-saving, client-pleasing solution: the forms
Once your leads board is set up, you will be able to create a form based on that board and share it with your clients by link or by embedding it on a website. Once a new potential user will fill the form, it will automatically create a new item in the lead board in the group "new leads".
Get relevant data on your leads with Clearbit
When a new lead comes in, it is important for your sales representatives to understand better who the lead is and which company he/she belongs to. Clearbit can provide all this information. By integrating Clearbit to monday.com, the information about each of your leads will be automatically populated into your leads board.
No need for your SDR team to conduct their own research anymore! To learn more about the Clearbit integration, check out this article.
Assign your sales rep with automations
Automations are a great way to eliminate human actions and save you time. Let's go back to our lead management board. We've added the below automations:
When a lead comes in, the company's information will be auto populated in our board through our Clearbit integration as shown above. Thanks to automations, our sales development representatives (SDR) will be automatically assigned to leads based on the company size.
Hand over your qualified leads automatically to your sales team
Once a lead is defined as "qualified" by your SDR team, it will be handed over to your sales team. With automations, any qualified new lead can be automatically added to our CRM and Sales Pipeline boards. Say goodbye to manual work! 🙌
You can then set up an other automation on both your CRM and Sales Pipeline boards to notify you (or any team leader) once a new qualified lead has been added to the board.
Let's now have a quick look at how we've set up our CRM and Sales Pipeline boards.
Set up your CRM board
A CRM is a central place to organize all the details of your customers and make it easy for your whole team to track the status of every customer relationship. It helps you keep a record of information that you can reference at any time.
In this example, we've split our CRM board by three categories:
- Incoming leads - these leads are coming directly from the lead management board. They have been qualified by our sales dev representatives (SDR) as potential clients. They have opened a trial account but haven't been turned into paying users up yet.
- Active users - This group is for our active and paying customers
- Lost leads - these leads have been already reached out by our sales team but are not interested to move forward with us.
Set up your Sales Pipeline board
Making sure you have a good sales pipeline is a crucial part of that workflow process. You can visually monitor all the leads that each sales representative is taking care of. In one glance, see if a sales rep has too many leads or maybe not enough and allocate all the new incoming leads in the smartest smart way possible.
In this example, we've used the following groups:
- New leads - These leads are coming directly from the lead management board. They have been qualified by our sales dev representatives (SDR) as potential clients. They have opened a trial account but haven't been turned into paying users up yet.
- In Process - All the deals that are still in the sales process and haven't been closed yet
- March, April etc... - Each other group represents a month. Whenever a deal is closed (whether it is won or lost), the lead will be moved from the "in process" group to its relevant month.
Connect your boards together with the mirror column!
With the mirror column, you can display information from any other boards into one single board! In our CRM board, we've mirrored a few columns from the sales pipeline board:
- The sales representative
- The negotiation phase
- The plan the user purchased
- The amount of the deal closed
Each time an update is made in the sales pipeline board, the CRM board columns will be updated automatically! 🙌
Reach out to clients automatically with the email integration
Tired of manually sending emails to all your leads!? The e-mail integration is just what you are looking for. With the Gmail and Outlook integrations, you can transform emails into action items, and automatically align everyone to stay seamlessly connected.
Let's go back to our Sales Pipeline board. Once a new lead is added, the sales team leader will assign this lead to a sales representative. As soon as a sales representative will be assigned, an automatic welcome e-mail will be sent to the lead on the behalf of that sales representative.
The integration recipe we will use is as below:
You can even customize the email you'd like to send:
Let's complete our email integration with this recipe:
Now once the lead will answer, his/her answer will directly be added to the update section of the board:
Et voilà 🙌 Now you can manage the communication with your leads directly from monday.com!
Use Formulas to calculate the time spent on each opportunity
With the formula column, you can easily calculate the time spent on each lead from the first phone call until the closing date. The formula used here is as below:
This is a super useful information if you are looking to forecast future revenues from sales.
Get notified on the spot once a deal is won!
With Twilio integration, you can get notified by text message as soon as a deal is closed! In the integration center, click on Twilio and then select the below recipe:
You can customise the SMS you'd like to receive! Once a deal is won, you can hand it over to an account manager who will take care of the user and make sure he/she gets the most out of your product.
Use the Pivot board for deeper reporting
Our pivot board view will allow you to better analyze the different verticals of your board by slicing and dicing the information. Being fully flexible and customizable, this view will enable a deeper level of reporting from many different perspectives. You can use that view on any of your boards.
Here, we have used it on our sales pipeline board. We are interested to see the total commission made per employee per month. We will create our pivot with the sales representatives as rows and the groups (months) as columns. Then we will display the values as sum of the amount closed as below:
Let's go one step further and turn this amazing board in a heatmap!
With the heatmap, you can now spot in one glance the highest and lowest values on your board. 🙌
Get insights from all of your boards with a dashboard
Dashboards are a great way to display what's important in just one place. It allows to keep your team focused and motivated on the high level goals and boost productivity!
With 15 available widgets users can now understand project progress, track budget, estimate teammates workload and much more! It allows to keep your team focused and motivated on the high level goals and boost productivity! In this example, we've used:
- The numbers widget - to display the amount of qualified leads, the amount of deals closed and the amount earned for the month of April.
- The chart widget - to show the amount closed for each representative as well as the total amount earned per month.
- The Board to Globe - To visualize your active leads in an interactive globe!
- The Calendar - To display all the import meetings of the month with the calendar widget.
Create a sales leaderboard
Use a sales leaderboard to display the performance of your team side by side! It will help you see in one glance which members are ahead of target or behind target, will create transparency and will motivate your team to perform at their best!
In this example, we've used the number widget to display the total amount closed and the average time spent per deal.
We've also used the chart widget to display the performance of each sales representative as well as the commission made.
Finally you used the text widget to add our goal for the month of April.
To summarize this workflow:
- New leads are added through a form to the Lead Management board
- The Clearbit integration populates automatically that board with specific data about each new lead such as the industry, company size etc...
- With the automations, each SDR is assigned automatically to a lead depending on the company size.
- Once a lead is defined as qualified, it will be moved automatically to the CRM the Sales Pipeline boards and will be handed over to the sales team.
- The sales team leader will assign each new qualified lead to a sales agent. This will to send a welcome email to the lead on the behalf of the sales agent. All email communication will then be done within monday.com.
- Each phase of the sales cycle will populate as well in the CRM board with the mirror column.
- Once a deal is won, the team leader will receive a text message about it thanks to the Twilio integration and will hand over the new user to an account manager.
- Finally, we will use the dashboards and board views to generate useful insights and always stay on top of our goals.
Just like that, you're all set and ready to get started using monday.com as a sales workflow solution!
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer success team at email@example.com! We are here for you 24/7.