4 min read
Who can use this feature:
monday sales CRM only
Available on Pro and Enterprise plans
Mass emailing with monday.com has gotten even better! You can now track your mass emails within monday sales CRM. This update is designed to give you the tools to understand how successful your campaigns have been by tracking engagement. To learn more about sending mass emails and email campaigns with monday.com, check out the "Email campaigns and mass emailing" article.
Turn on tracking
To send a mass email, compose and send your email using the mass email feature. To track your open rate for that email, be sure to tick "email tracking" at the bottom of the composer before sending:
The tracking dashboard
Once you've sent a mass email, you can begin to track it at any point while using monday sales CRM by opening the dashboard. To open the dashboard, click on "Mass email tracking" in the upper left-hand menu:
On this dashboard, you will see all of the emails sent from your monday sales CRM account, as long as you have view access for them:
To learn more about how to change your email privacy settings and edit view permissions, take a look at the Emails & Activities: sharing and privacy
Reading the dashboard
Let's take a closer look at the columns on this dashboard. The basic information is in the first three columns:
- Launched. When the user clicked send (not the actual time of send- i.e. if the campaign is queued, it will show the original time it was clicked to send.
Subject. This is the subject of the email.
- Sent by. The avatar shows who sent the email. If you hover over the avatar, you will see who sent the email and which email address they sent the email from.
The next few columns show more detailed information about the emailing:
- Status. This shows the status of the mass email. There are four potential statuses.
- Sent: all emails addressed to valid recipients were sent.
- Sending: in the process of being sent.
- In queue: waiting to be sent and in line to be sent next.
- Failed: something went wrong and your email(s) weren't sent.
Recipients. This shows the number of recipients who were sent this email. This does not include invalid or missing email addresses and duplicate email addresses.
Delivered. The delivery rate is listed as a percentage. You can hover over this column to see more about the number of successful deliveries and the total number of emails sent.
Opened. This is the number of unique opens. One open is equivalent to one open. Only one open per recipient will be counted.
To see a complete drill-down of one mass email, click on the line item representing that email. This will open a card view of details about that email. You will see some of the same information that is visible in the dashboard view, but you will also have a chance to review the details of the email that was sent. This includes the text of the email and the board that it was sent from.