Are you having trouble with monday.com? We know how frustrating it can be when you run into unexpected behavior. Read through the following options to find the support you need.
If you are:
- experiencing an issue while using monday.com in the desktop app, visit this article.
- experiencing an issue with integrations or automations, fill out our contact form.
- using a web browser and a board or item will not load, check out this article.
- using a web browser and experiencing any other issue, please read on. Our support team has outlined a few simple steps for you to try.
Step 1: Try Incognito
Try reproducing the issue in an Incognito window.
Seems like an odd step, right? Allow us to explain! An Incognito window allows you to browse privately. Other people who use your device won’t see your activity. Incognito browsers achieve this by creating a temporary session separate from your usual browser activity and then deleting any cookies associated with this unique session. An incognito session is not impacted by your usual cookies, cache, etc. This means that an Incognito window is a handy way to check whether local cookies are causing your issues with monday.com. It's also a great way to check whether any browser extensions or cache issues are causing the problem.
Here are quick instructions on how to open an Incognito browser tab in a few commonly used browsers.
The easiest way to open an Incognito window is with a keyboard shortcut combination. First, make sure you're in a Chrome window. On Windows, you can use Ctrl-Shift-N. On a Mac, you can use Command-Shift-N.
Incognito mode in Firefox is called Private Browsing. You can open Private Browsing using a keyboard shortcut. First, make sure you're in a Firefox window. If you're on Windows, use: Ctrl-Shift-P. If you're on a Mac, use: Command-Shift-P.
Incognito mode in Edge is called InPrivate. You can open an InPrivate browser tab using a keyboard shortcut. First, make sure you're in an Edge window. For Windows, use the combination of Ctrl-Shift-N. For a Mac, use: Command-Shift-N.
If the shortcuts aren't working for you and you'd like a slower (but more visual) way to open a private browsing window, check out the instructions on Computerworld.
If using an incognito window resolves the issue, try clearing your cache or removing extensions. If it does not resolve the issue, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Check your browser
Occasionally, we find that this issue comes down to the browser. Try accessing monday.com through a different web browser.
We highly recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome to have the best experience when using monday.com. The platform also works well in the latest version of Firefox. If you prefer, you can use the latest version of Safari or Microsoft Edge.
If switching your browser doesn't work, make sure your chosen browser is up-to-date. You can check whether your browser is up-to-date on this website. If you use an older version of your browser, it's likely that you will experience some technical troubles.
If you're still running into the same issue, proceed to the next step!
Step 3: Record your screen
Still not working? We've got you covered.
We want to see a screen recording. Show us the issue, describing any important details about the behavior. Please also give us a full description of the workflow you have set up. You can use loom.com to record for free!
In your message to us, let us know that you read this article and tried the above steps, include the link to your loom video, and the following details:
- Does this happen only to you or does it happen to other users on the account as well?
- When did this issue begin occurring? (Please be as specific as possible!)
- In the case that we need to escalate this issue to our developers, do you provide consent so that the developer can log into your account on your behalf to troubleshoot this bug?
- The board and item ID. To send us the board and item ID, click on one of the items experiencing the issue and copy the URL. Paste the URL into your message to us. This string will contain the board ID and item ID.
- Note: We can not access the board or your account with this link. Instead, this link will be used by our developers to check the logs.
- It would be extremely helpful if you could provide us with a screenshot of the console. This will help us and our developers to recognize any errors occurring on the backend. To learn how to access the console, check out the instructions here: How to Access the Console
When you've compiled your message, send it our way. Having this information in our first interaction will ensure that we reach a speedy resolution.
We're looking forward to helping you!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team right here. We’re available 24/7 and happy to help.