Private boards are found on the PRO plan and are meant to only be seen by the user and anyone that they choose to invite to the board. This is great for when you would like to create a project, to-do list, or plan before executing it to your team.
A few facts about private boards
- All private board items are private and can be viewed and used by the subscribers of that specific private board.
- Only the owner of a private board can add subscribers to the board.
- They are not searchable, meaning that they will not appear in search results.
- If you are an admin and looking to export the account data, this will export all private boards of the account as well.
- The owner of the private board may share it with other members of their account by clicking on "Invite" at the top of the board.
To learn more about the different board types, check out this article.
Requesting access to a Private Board
If you've stumbled upon a Private Board that you do not have access to, you'll find the below error message displaying that the board is private and you currently do not have access to it. In order to instantly request access to the Private Board, you can click on the blue "Request access" button as below:
Clicking this button will send a notification to all board owner(s) of this Private Board, showing that you've requested access. By clicking on the notification, the board owners will be directed to the subscribers page to grant you access to this Private Board if they so choose.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team right here. We’re available 24/7 and happy to help.