While our Gmail Integration can be used to send out emails to a group of clients, employees, or other recipients, the Integration is not intended to be used as an email marketing tool. Due to Gmail's daily usage limits and API limits, the Gmail Integration runs into limitations when it comes to mass email campaigns.
Daily usage limits
Gmail's sending limits can change without notice, but as of March 2023, the following limits are accurate:
- You can only send 2,000 emails per day on a paid G Suite account.
- You can only send 500 emails per day on a trial G Suite account.
The per-day limit refers to a 24-hour period rather than a calendar day. For example, if you send a large number of emails at 2:00 pm, you must wait 24 hours before sending another email.
The following are further details on the limitations:
- You can only send 6 emails per minute.
- You can send approximately 720 emails in 2 hours, but there will be delays due to Gmail's limitations.
To learn more about these limits, please visit Google's support page on Sending limits.
If you're using SMTP relay service to route outgoing mail through Google, check out this article on Google's support site.
Error messaging & delays
As soon as you have exceeded your usage limit, you will receive a notification via the bell icon that looks like this:
The notification will be sent, at most, once per hour even if there were several messages sent with a delay. The maximum delay for a message is 2 hours. After 2 hours, the system will stop trying to send the delayed email.
To send bulk email
If you would still like to use monday.com to send bulk emails, consider the following suggestions:
- Send a series of emails over several days. Send one email within the daily limit and then, 24 hours later, send a second email. And so on.
- Send mail to a group address. To contact a group of people, create a group within Google, and send mail to the group's address. For instructions on how to view, add, or remove group members, visit this Google support page: View, add, or remove group members
- Try our Mailchimp Integration!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team right here. We’re available 24/7 and happy to help.