You already have a clear and organized workflow in your monday.com account, but what about all of the meetings and reminders in your external calendar? We'll show you how to sync all of your items and tasks to your external calendar so you can see everything in one place. Keep reading to find out how to use them with our Google Calendar integration!
There are two ways you can connect your monday.com account with your Google Calendar:
- Two way sync - meaning that if something is updated on your Google Calendar, it will reflect on your monday.com account (and vice versa)
- One way sync - which will allow you to display the dates from your monday board directly on your calendar.
- Step 1 - Add a date column and locate the integration recipes
There, you'll find three separate Google Integration recipes. You'll need to add two recipes onto your board for the two-way sync to work:
- One that creates an event in Google Calendar based on an action in monday.com
- One that creates an item based off a new event in Google Calendar
- Step 2 - Add the first recipe
Select a recipe that will create an event in Google Calendar based off an item on your board (one of the two outlined below) and then follow the steps on your screen to connect your Gmail account.
- Step 3 - Configure the first integration recipe
After completing the connection of your account, you'll be redirected to the recipe that you chose. There, click on the underlined fields in the recipe to configure it. In our example below, we selected the "event" field to map out how the Google Calendar event will appear according to the columns on our board.
- Step 4 - Add the second recipe and configure it
Now that your first recipe is complete that will allow for an event to be created in Google Calendar based off of an item on your board, it's time to add the second recipe to create an item on your board based off of a Google Calendar event.
This time around, select on the "item" field and map out how you'd like a new item to be created on your board in accordance to the Google Calendar events that are added.
Step 5 - Watch the magic happen!
With both Google Calendar Integration recipes set-up, you should have a full two-way sync in place! Now, each new item that is created or assigned to a specific person will appear as an event on the connected calendar and every new calendar event will populate as an item on your board. 🎉
When adding any Google Calendar integration recipe, an integration column will be added automatically onto your board with a link to each respective Google Calendar event. Clicking on a link here will direct you right to the event on your own calendar!
The following fields are supported when using our Google Calendar two-way sync.
Supported fields from Google Calendar to monday.com
Supported fields from monday.com to Google Calendar
One way sync
Syncing your monday board with your Google Calendar will allow all the dates from your board to show directly in your calendar. The one way sync is from monday to Google so if you update anything on Google calendar, this will not reflect in your monday board.
- Step 1
First, make sure your board includes a Date Column or a Timeline Column. Once you have filled all of your data into a date or timeline column, you are ready to sync your calendar. Click the arrow at the right side of your column, select settings and then "customize date column" as below:
- Step 2
Google Calendar is the default calendar, so it already appears here under "Sync column to calendar". All we have to do here is click "Sync":
- Step 3
This window will pop up, allowing us to choose whether we want to sync only the "Items assigned to me" or "All items on this board". After we select an option, we just have to click "Sync" and you are done!
- Step 4
Enable reminders for your tasks! Go to your Google Calendar Settings, and under "Event Settings" select either "Desktop Notifications" or "Alerts"!
If at any point, you want to remove your monday.com items from your Google Calendar, you can just follow these simple steps:
1. Click this link to open your Google Calendar's permission settings.
2. Scroll until you see "Third-party apps with account access" and click "Manage third-party access":
3. Click on "monday.com Has access to Google Calendar" to manage these preferences
4. Last, click "remove access", and our monday.com account will be disconnected from our Google Calendar.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team right here. We’re available 24/7 and happy to help.