System for Cross-domain Identity Management (a.k.a. SCIM) is a protocol for user management across multiple applications. It allows an IT or Operations team to easily provision (add), deprovision (deactivate), and update user data across multiple applications at once.
To set up SCIM provisioning in Okta you will need to have the involvement of both the monday.com admin and the manager of your Okta account.
SCIM capabilities supported in monday.com
- Provisioning of Users
- Deprovisioning of Users
- Provisioning of Teams
- Deprovisioning of Teams
- Team Renaming
- Updating User Details
- Assigning Users to Teams
- Unassigning Users from Teams
- Changing User’s Password
Step 1 - Add monday.com to Okta
Go to your Okta admin page and switch to classic UI by clicking on the developer console:
Then click on applications, click add app, and search for monday.com in the app store:
Step 2 - Go to Provisioning
Go to the Okta Admin page and select the monday.com application from the list. Then select the tab “Provisioning”
Then click on the settings tab “Integration”. Click on configure API Integration:
Step 3 - Go to monday.com admin section to retrieve the provisioning token
- Open up your monday.com account.
- Click on your avatar > admin
- Go to the security page
- Click on SCIM
Here you can generate a token and then copy and paste into Okta.
Step 4 - Enable Provisioning
Paste the API Token into Okta and test the API Credentials:
Once you receive verification that the credentials are valid, click save
Step 5 - Complete your setup
Click on the To App tab in the settings and enable all of the abilities you will need to work with monday.com
Set Up User Provisioning
Go to the assignments tab under you monday.com app and then click on assign and choose to assign people or groups to the monday.com app.
These fields are supported for mapping user attributes:
- Name (can’t contain special characters)
- Email (must be lowercase)
- UserType (admin, member, viewer, guest)
- Title (user’s position listed in Profile Section)
- Active (whether or not a user is enabled or disabled)
- Locale (Language)
- Phone number
Set Up Team Provisioning
What does it mean to push a group into monday.com? When you push a group into monday.com you will create a new Team in your account with all the users that are assigned to that group in Okta.
Before pushing a group into monday, first make sure to assign the group to the monday account. It is important to assign the group before you push the group, because the group cannot be pushed unless all the users in the group are already in the monday.com account.
1. Assign the group to your monday account
2. Click on the Push Groups tab and click the button “Push Groups”
3. Select the group you would like to push into monday and press save
What happens if I change my personal attributes in my monday.com account?
The sync with Okta is a one-way sync, and any changes made to a user profile in the monday.com profile or teams page will be overwritten the next time Okta syncs with your account.
What does this mean?
- To change any attributes of the user profile you will need to update them in Okta
- In order to add users to teams or remove users from teams created by Okta (see: push groups) you will need to make these changes in Okta
- If you create a Team in monday that is not a group in Okta it will not be affected by the groups in Okta.
- If you push a group from Okta into monday, and there is a monday team with the same name, then the Okta group will replace it
What happens if I add users to a team in my monday.com account?
If that team is provisioned by Okta, these users will eventually be kicked out of the team, and replaced by users that are provisioned to the matching Okta Group, otherwise when you add users to a team in your monday.com account, they will remain in that team.
For any further questions you may have about board permissions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by sending an email to [email protected]. We are available for you 24/7!