GitHub is a version control platform that allows you to track changes to your codebase, flag bugs and issues for follow-up, and manage your product's build process.
With the monday.com integration with GitHub, you can supercharge GitHub's task-management capabilities and discuss builds with your team before they enter your codebase 👍🏽
Adding the integration to your workflow
Once you've opened the integrations page, you'll see all the wonderful apps we integrate with :) Go ahead and click "GitHub".
Connect your GitHub account by clicking "Connect to GitHub" and then logging in with your GitHub credentials.
Select the integration you want to add to your board. The GitHub actions supported by monday.com are:
- When an item is created, create an issue in this repository. x
- When a status changes to something, create an issue in this repository.
- When a comment is created on an issue of this repository, create an update in the connected item.
- When tagging a commit in this repository, create an item with this prefix.
- When pull request is opened in repository, create an item and sync future changes from GitHub.
- When pushed to master branch of this repository, create an item.
- When an issue is created in this repository, create an item an sync future changes from GitHub.
- When pushed to master branch of this repository, create an update in this item.
- When an item ID is mentioned in commit to this repository, create an update to the relevant item.
- When an item ID is mentioned in commit to this repository, add the github link to this column.
- When an item ID is mentioned in a pull request in this repository, connect it to the item and keep it updated with changes from github.
Al configurar tu integración, puedes seleccionar qué datos se asignarán a cada columna:
Github Integration column
When selecting which data will be mapped into each column, the integration column will be added automatically with the tip that will explain the column purpose, to maintain the connection between the parameters in both apps.
Supported Columns and Fields
Below you will find the supported fields for commit, pull requests, tags, and issues.
Additionally, you can integrate with both public and private repositories. You must be an admin of the private repository in order to integrate it with monday.com.
Using monday.com to log Github Issues
With the GitHub integration, you can supercharge your Sprint Planning board by syncing it with your codebase in GitHub! This way, you can communicate about specific issues in monday.com while still having them tracked in GitHub for easy access.
First, add the "When an item is created, create an issue in this repository" to your board.
Then, set up a Sprint Planning board with each item as a bug or feature that your team is working on.
As you add more tasks to your team's sprints, they will also appear in GitHub!
Si necesitas ayuda para crear integraciones personalizadas, contamos con una opción de asistencia paga a través de nuestra red de socios de monday.com certificados. Si te interesa, completa este formulario y alguien se pondrá en contacto contigo a la brevedad.
Si tienes alguna pregunta sobre este u otro tema del artículo, no dudes en comunicarte con nuestro equipo de éxito del cliente a través de email@example.com.