Are you experiencing issues with monday.com? We know how frustrating it can be when you run into unexpected behavior. Read through the following options to find the support you need.
If you are experiencing an issue while using monday.com in the desktop app, please read on. Our support team has outlined a few simple steps for you to try.
If you are:
- using a web browser and a board or item will not load, check out this article.
- experiencing an issue with integrations or automations, fill out our contact form.
- using a web browser and experiencing any other issue, take a look at this article.
Step 1: Check if the issue is only on the desktop app
First, let's isolate the issue! Try accessing monday.com through a web browser rather than the desktop app. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome for the best experience with monday.com. To make sure your browser is up-to-date, click here.
If you are using an older version of your browser, it's likely that you will experience some technical troubles with monday.com even when switching from the desktop app to the browser.
It still isn't working in the browser. What now?
Check our status page for widespread issues. We recommend subscribing to updates with the "Subscribe to Updates" button. That way, you'll know as soon as we do if there is an outage in the future!
Everything looks great in the browser! What about the app?
If everything looks good and is working properly in your browser, continue to troubleshoot the issue with the desktop app. Move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Reset your login
On the desktop app, try logging out of your monday.com account and then logging back in with the same email and password.
If the issue persists, move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Update the app
To make sure the app you're using is up-to-date, please try completely uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app. Reinstalling the app will assure that you're using the latest version. The latest version is always the best version!
If the issue persists, move on to Step 4.
Step 4: Check your speed
The next step is to check your internet speed. To check your internet speed, visit a speedtest website and click "Go". You're looking for your download speed.
For the best experience, we recommend a download speed of at least 5 MBPS.
If your download speed is 5 MBPS or above and you're still experiencing issues with the desktop app, move on to Step 5.
Step 5: Restart
This is the final check before reaching out to us. Exit the desktop app and restart your computer or device. Then load the app again and give it a try!
If it still doesn't work, proceed to Step 6.
Step 6: Record your screen
Still not working? Don't worry! We've got you covered.
A screen recording is the most helpful tool for troubleshooting. Show us the issue and describe any important details about the behavior. Please also give us a full description of the workflow you have set up so that we understand every aspect of your workflow impacted by the issue. We suggest using loom.com to record for free!
In your message to us, let us know that you read this article and tried the above steps, include the link to your loom video, and the following details:
- Does this happen only to you or does it happen to other users on the account as well?
- When did this issue start? (Please be as specific as possible!)
- In the case that we need to escalate this issue to our developers, do you provide consent so that the developer can log into your account on your behalf to troubleshoot this bug?
- The board and item ID. To send us the board and item ID, click on one of the items experiencing the issue and copy the URL. Paste the URL into your message to us. This string will contain the board ID and item ID.
- Note: We can not access the board or your account with this link. Instead, this link will be used by our developers to check the logs.
- It would be extremely helpful if you could provide us with a screenshot of the console. This will help us and our developers to recognize any errors occurring on the backend. To learn how to access the console, check out the instructions here: How to Access the Console
When you've compiled your message, send it our way. Having this information in our first interaction will ensure that we reach a speedy resolution.
We look forward to helping you!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team right here. We’re available 24/7 and happy to help.