You can easily import your tickets from Zendesk into monday.com!
Access the import
There are two ways to navigate to the "Import data" feature.
1) Click on your avatar or profile picture in the lower, left-hand corner of your account. From the main menu, select "Import data":
On the next screen, select "Zendesk":
2) The second way requires you to navigate into a workspace. From there, select "Add" from the top of the workspace menu. Within the dropdown menu that opens, select "Import data". This will open a menu with several options. Choose "Zendesk":
Set up the import
When you select "Zendesk" through either of the previous steps, you will land on a page requesting your Zendesk subdomain in order to connect your accounts:
Once your accounts are connected, you will see a pop-up that gives you the option to check off one or several tags from your Zendesk account:
After you select the tags you want to import, select "Next". You will then see a pop-up that gives you the option to invite Zendesk users whose tickets will be imported to your monday.com account in the future.
You can skip this step by choosing "Skip" instead of "Done" in the lower right-hand corner. You can also uncheck the box under "Future Invites" and select "Done" to opt-out:
When you select "Done", the tickets with the tag(s) you selected will be imported to your board.
By default, your tickets will import with:
- the ticket subject as the item name
- the status of the ticket as a Status Column
- the priority of the ticket in a Text Column
- the creation date of the ticket as a Date Column
- the date the ticket was last updated as a Date Column
- the due date for the ticket as a Date Column
- and the ticket ID as a special Link Column
The ticket ID in the "Zendesk Ticket" column is a link to the ticket within your Zendesk account.
An integration recipe will be automatically set up on your board when you import from Zendesk. This recipe will ensure that when a ticket is submitted with the tags you designated during the import, an item will be created and all future changes from Zendesk will be synced to the item.
The actions used to maintain the item creation and sync outlined by this integration recipe will count towards your integration actions limit. You can read more about what an action is and how to manage them in the article Automation and Integration Actions.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We are available 24/7! 😄