Whether you've mistakingly opened multiple accounts or are a part of a few different teams, you may have asked yourself "can I transfer boards from one account to the other?" Well, the answer is yes! With a few clicks of a button, you can duplicate a folder of boards from one account to another 🙌
Prior to using this feature, there are a few important conditions which must be met in order for it to work properly:
- In order for this feature to work you must be an admin on both accounts (i.e the current account that you'd like to transfer boards from and the destination account that you want to transfer the boards to) with the same email address.
- The boards that you are looking to transfer must be set as Main boards and placed inside of a folder.
- This is a granted feature and therefore you may need to reach out to email@example.com to have it added to your accounts. Please make sure to send us the URL of both accounts (i.e. XXX.monday.com) when requesting this feature.
- Once the feature is granted to both the current account and the destination account, it will be available in the admin section for you to use.
Once you've ensured that all of the conditions above are met, you can follow the steps below to use this feature.
Create the folder that will be moved to the destination account. To create a folder, simply click the "+" sign and then choose "New Folder". You can also move any existing folders that you already have.
Only Main boards can be duplicated to another account. Make sure to change your board type to Main before duplicating it. Move all the relevant boards to the designated folder by doing the following:
- Hover over the board in the board's list
- Right click with your mouse
- Select "move to folder"
You can also simply drag and drop the board into its folder.
Go to the admin section of your account. Next, click on Account Sharing as shown below:
As a reminder, this is a granted feature and therefore you may need to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added to your accounts if you do not see it already here. Please make sure to send us the URL of both accounts (i.e. XXX.monday.com) if requesting this feature.
Select the folder you'd like to duplicate from the list. Once done, type in URL of the account to which you want to copy these boards:
Click on "Duplicate folder to account". And voilà, within a few moments this folder of boards will be available on the destination account! 🎉
What happens to the board subscribers of a transferred board?
Once you've duplicated a board from one account to another, you may be wondering what happens to the original subscribers of the transferred board. Well, the answer to this depends on whether those users are part of the destination account with the same email address in both accounts. If this is the case, then the board subscribers, assignees and updates will transfer over properly. 🙌
Otherwise, if the users that are subscribed to the original board are not a part of the destination account with the same email address, those users will not be subscribed to the transferred board. Additionally, in the transferred board, these users will be not be assigned to the items that they were assigned to on the original board and any updates written by them will be attributed to a general monday.com user as so:
We do have some limitations when duplicating folders of boards to another account using this feature. The following elements will not be duplicated:
- Private or Shareable boards
- Info Boxes
- The Activity Log
- Automation recipes with mapping (ex: item creation automations)
- Deactivated recipes (those which are toggled off)
If you have any questions about this or anything else in this article, feel free to reach out to us at customer success at email@example.com. We are here and happy to help 24/7!