GitHub is a version control platform that allows you to track changes to your codebase, flag bugs and issues for follow-up, and manage your product's build process.
With the monday.com integration with GitHub, you can supercharge GitHub's task-management capabilities and discuss builds with your team before they enter your codebase 👍🏽
Adding the integration to your workflow
Once you've opened the integrations page, you'll see all the wonderful apps we integrate with :) Go ahead and click "GitHub".
Connect your GitHub account by clicking "Connect to GitHub" and then logging in with your GitHub credentials.
Select the integration you want to add to your board. The GitHub actions supported by monday.com are:
- When tagging a commit in this repository, create a pulse in this group with this prefix.
- When a new pull request is opened in repository, create a pulse in group.
- When a pulse ID is mentioned in a commit in this repository, create an update to the relevant pulse.
- When push to master branch of repository, create pulse in group.
- When issue created in this repository, create a pulse in this group.
- When a new pulse is created, create an issue in this repository.
Simple Use Case: Using monday.com to log Github Issues
With the GitHub integration, you can supercharge your Sprint Planning board by syncing it with your codebase in GitHub! This way, you can communicate about specific issues in monday.com while still having them tracked in GitHub for easy access.
First, add the "When a new pulse is created, create an issue in this repository" to your board.
Then, set up a Sprint Planning board with each pulse as a bug or feature that your team is working on.
As you add more tasks to your team's sprints, they will also appear in GitHub!
If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If you're interested, please fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!
And if you have any questions about this or anything else in this article, feel free to reach out to us at customer success at firstname.lastname@example.org