What is Zendesk?
Zendesk is a ticketing platform that helps you improve relationships with customers and provide them with a seamless experience of ticketing and chat personal suit.
So how to set-up your monday.com-Zendesk integration
Once you click on the Zendesk integration banner you will find the two recipes the integration offer :
1. When a ticket is submitted, create a pulse in this group.
2. When a ticket is submitted, create an update in this pulse.
Let's choose our use case to show how the recipes can help us- "For every ticket that comes in from a specific client we'd like to create a pulse on monday.com, and then we want this pulse to include any further tickets regarding this client ".
Next, we will need to put our personal details of our Zendesk account:
- Username - The admin username that is associated with your Zendesk account.
- Token- Your personal token with Zendesk
- Your team subdomain in Zendesk (for instance - monday.zendesk.com.
- Username and subdomain
Those two parameters can be found on the admin section of Zendesk under "settings"- "account"
- Token number
The token can be found on the admin section of Zendesk under "Channels" - "API"
1. Let's dive into the first use case we offer:
When a ticket is submitted, create a pulse in this group.
After inserting your Zendesk account details you will be able to set up the integration:
First of all, choose what is the action you want to track, for instance, let's use the next example for both options:
when a ticket "subject or body" includes the value "client no 1", create a pulse in "new leads" group
Now when we will get a ticket from this specific client, a new pulse will be created on the group of new clients.
2. Now let's see how can we gather more information regarding to this specific client with use case no 2 :
When a ticket is submitted, create an update in this pulse.
Now, we can turn off the first integration of use case no 1 and turn on the second one that will create new updates under "client no1" every time we get a ticket with a subject or a body with the words "client no 1".
If you have any questions about this or anything else in this article, feel free to reach out to us at customer success at email@example.com