What is Twilio?
Twilio Automations allows you to send SMS messages based on the events in your board. To set this up you will need:
- A Twilio account
- At least 1 paid phone number
- Your Account SID and Auth token.
How to sign-up to Twilio?
To sign up for a new Twilio account, you can sign up at Twilio.com or click on "Create new account" from the bottom of the Twilio connection page when setting up a recipe.
Set-up your Twilio account
Once you are logged in you can find your SID and Auth Token by going to your Twilio dashboard and clicking on "See All" at the bottom.
Next, select the "3rd Party Integration option:
Then give the project a name, like "monday.com":
Finally you can copy and past your SID and Auth Key into monday.com from the Project Info screen in Twilio.
Get your Twilio phone number
For these recipes to work, you will need to have purchased a number from Twilio capable of sending SMS messages. You can do this by clicking on the country you want and then "Get a Number" button in the bottom left of your Project Dashboard and purchase the best number for you.
Create your integration with Twilio
Once you've input your SID, Auth Key, and Twilio Phone Number, here are the integrations that you can use:
- When a new pulse is created send SMS to someone on my team
- When a new pulse is created, send SMS to all board subscribers
- When a column updates, send SMS to someone on my team
- When a column updates send SMS to assignee
- When a column updates send SMS to client
- When a status updates to something send SMS to someone on my team
- When a status updates to something send SMS to assignee
- When a status updates to something send SMS to client
If you have any questions about this or anything else in this article, feel free to reach out to us at customer success at email@example.com