At monday.com, we offer both import and export Excel functionalities. 🎉 Keep reading to learn how it works!
Import from Excel
Import from Excel is now here! With just a simple upload you can turn your Excel spreadsheets into a beautiful board in just a few steps.
Click on your profile picture (avatar) located on the bottom left corner of your screen and select "Import Data".
In the "Import Data" page, select Excel.
A pop up will appear to upload your Excel sheet
- Either drag or click to browse for the Excel sheet you'd like to import
- Next, you will have the ability to customize your new board. This will allow you to manually control the board layout. Or "Upload file again."
If you selected "Let's customize your new board" follow the below:
- Follow the steps provided, starting with choosing your Headers
- Select the column you'd like to be the First column
- Select your column types. The System will suggest column types for you. You can manually change this by clicking the drop down menu.
- Select "Create Board" and you have your new board!
Export to Excel
- Export a board
Click the Menu Icon (3 dots) on the upper right hand side of the board. Then choose "Export to Excel" and that's it!
- Export an item
Click on the item you'd like to export to Excel and then click the Hamburger Menu Icon (3 lines) on the upper right hand side of the item. Then choose Export to Excel and that's it!
- Export multiple items at once!
You can export multiple items to Excel at once by using the batch actions:
Hover over the color line of one of the items you'd like to export.
- Use the boxes to select the items you'd like to export.
- As you select items, you will find the count of items with actions at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on "Export", and you'll be able to export to Excel all the items selected!
To learn more about internal integrations, feel free to check out this article.
How to import data from Excel into an existing board?
To import data from Excel into an existing board, you can use the "add heaps of items" feature. In one click, you will be able to paste a list in Excel into your existing board as new items.
If you require further support to migrate your data, we do have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If you're interested, please fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!
For any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our customer success team right here. We are available 24/7!