You can communicate with your team inside a pulse, just like in the browser version of the platform! Here’s some easy steps to follow to add an update, check who has seen an update, reply to an existing update, attach a file to your update and more:
- Enter the board where you would like to write an update inside one of the pulses. Click on the relevant group at the top of the board where the pulse you'd like to update is located.
- Click on the pulse you would like to add an update to in that group which will open the updates section of the pulse. Click on the blue pencil button in the bottom right hand corner to add a new update.
- Write your update. You can also @mention a person in your team or a team on your account to ensure they receive a notification of your update in their notification bell.
- Click on the send button (paper aeroplane symbol) on the top right hand side of the updates box. Your update will now be posted.
- You can track who has seen an update by clicking on the eye symbol under the update.
- You can thumb up someone’s update by clicking on the thumbs up sign underneath the update. You can respond to an existing update by clicking on the arrow button under the update.
- To add an attachment to an update, click on ‘Add attachment’ when adding a new update to a pulse. You will see your camera roll pop out from which you can choose the photo you would like to add from your phone. You can also click on the camera symbol to take a photo with your phone to attach to your update or on the paperclip sign to attach another file from your phone.
- Once you have selected a file, you can write an update to support the file, then post the update as per the instructions above. The attachment will be added to your update with a preview.
- When writing an update in a pulse, you can change which pulse the update will be posted to by clicking on the blue arrow button next to where it says ‘Update In: [pulse name]’. This will bring up a suggested list of pulses in your boards. You can also search for a board name in the search box.