You are able to create new pulses to a board through your email! This is really helpful for when you have information in your email that you would like to be transferred into your monday.com account, for example, an order that you received from a customer or an actionable item that needs to be taken care of.
Just follow the steps below:
1. Click the Hamburger menu and select "Email Preferences"
2. A window will pop up where you are able to copy the email address of the board. If needed, you can edit this address by clicking the pencil icon next to the email address.
3. In your email, create a new email and set the subject of the email to be the NAME of the new pulse
4. Set the body of the email to be an update for the update section of the pulse
5. Now you should see the pulse on your board! You will see a group is created at the top of your board with the pulses that you have created through email. You are able to drag and drop these pulses into the right group!
You are also able to email a pulse from an email address that is not associated with your account. To do this:
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the account.
- Choose My Profile > Email Integration
- Under "Update any pulse via email," copy the second address, which begins with "board-(Board ID)"
- Go to the board you want to send pulses to, and copy the board ID. The board ID is the number at the end of the URL in your browser's address bar.
- Paste that board ID in place of the "(Board ID)" in the address you copied from earlier.
Now, you can use this new email address to send pulses from a different email address than the one you normally use.
If you have any further questions about emailing a pulse to a board, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by sending us an email to Support@monday.com!