You may have noticed something new on your monday.com platform. The platform layout has been entirely renovated. We've got a new look!
In the past few years, monday.com has added a lot of new features. We're transitioning to a new look to support the growth and development that has happened and that's coming in the future! Read on to learn about the changes.
The old layout
You're likely familiar with our old look by now:
The new layout ✨
A few things have changed in our new look! Check it out:
In the image below, you will see numbers next to the icons that have been moved:
Starting with the top bar in the new layout, let's review the changes. Take a look at the screenshot to see where your most used icons have been relocated to:
1. Avatar. Your avatar and the main menu can now be found in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Switcher. The switcher, used to move between products, can be found in the upper left-hand corner. If you do not use products, you will not see this icon on your account.
3. Help. Support resources within the platform can now be found in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Search Everything. Search everything is now located in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Invite Members. You can invite members using the icon in the upper right-hand corner.
6. Apps. Access apps at any time in the upper right-hand corner.
7. Favorites. Your favorites are now located within the left-hand expandable menu.
8. My work. My work can now be found at the top of the left-hand expandable menu.
9. Inbox. Your inbox can be accessed at any time in the top right-hand corner.
10. Notifications. Your notifications will always be visible as a bell icon in the top right-hand corner of the platform.
11. Product logo. If you choose to use products, you will see the logo of the product you're using in the top left-hand corner of the platform. The full name will be visible, eliminating any confusion that was caused by only having the icon visible in the previous layout. You will also see that your layout changes color when you switch.
12. Home. You can reach your home screen within the platform at any time by using the Home icon at the top of the left-hand expandable menu.
Other cross-account features will now be housed under the expandable menu on the left. Check out this side-by-side comparison of the old look (on the left) and the new look (on the right):
1. Add. To add to your workspace, click on the blue plus sign icon.
2. Filters. Filters can be accessed within the search bar. Hover over the search bar to show the filter icon.
3. Search. Searching within a workspace is now easier. You'll find a search bar already open at the top of your workspace.
Why these changes?
Improving your experience today:
- The new look is more spacious. When you collapse the left pane, you will see more of your board at one time. A wider workspace means you'll be able to work more efficiently.
- A cleaner, simplified look makes it easier to focus on the things that matter! This redesign eliminates the distraction of numerous icons stacked in the left pane.
- On smaller screens, some icons in the left pane were overlapping. This was messy and confusing for some of our users. The new look eliminates this problem.
- As our product offerings have expanded, new functionality has been added to your monday.com platform. A more sophisticated design is necessary to reflect the different levels of organization that are now available. This layout change supports recent changes and sets up the platform to support future developments!
- If you use products, you will notice that the look transforms depending on the product you're using. A color-coordinated, branded look makes it easier to switch gears when you're ready to zone in on your work.
Looking to the future:
- In the future, some of the functionality of these icons will change based on which product you're using. We're building towards a future with bigger and better products!
Share your thoughts!
Whether or not you're using the new look, we want to hear your thoughts! We depend on feedback from our users to improve. Use this survey at any time to send us feedback.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team right here. We’re available 24/7 and happy to help.